Welcome to Long Branch
Long Branch is Situated in South Etobicoke.
Lake Side Living. Cottage County In The City
Location & Boundaries
Long Branch is a neighbourhood located in South West Etobicoke along the shores of Lake Ontario. Long Branch is a neighbourhood and former municipality rich in history.
Boundaries include Lake Ontario to the south, Etobicoke Creek to the west, Canadian National Railway line to the north and 23 rd Street on the east.
What To Expect When You Visit Long Branch
Long Branch was first settled in 1797 by Colonel Samuel Smith. The neighbourhood was largely developed from the 1920s to the 1950s.
The oldest homes in Long Branch are along Lake Promenade between Long Branch Ave and 38th Street.
Long Branch rich in character and history is in the growth stage of development, while families move to the area for its lakeside living, access to TTC, schools and shopping.
While families started moving to the area because of its affordability that has quickly changed given its popularity.
A perfect example of gentrification. Lakeshore Blvd from Mimico to Mississauga has been improving to conform to the taste of the new residents that now call South Etobicoke home.
The neighbourhood is mainly residential single-family 2 storey homes on large lots, there has been an increase in development over the past decade resulting in several townhouse developments and commercial opportunities.
Favorite Spots in Long Branch
- Colonel Samuel Smith Park & Ice Skating Trail
- Gus Ryder Pool
- Marie Curtis Park
- Long Branch Public Library
Long Branch at a Glance
- Transit EXCELLENT
- Biking GREAT
- Walkability GOOD
- Recreation GOOD
- Green Space EXCELLENT
- Affordability $$$$
Favourite Spots in Long Branch
- Long Branch has its own GO Station
- TTC Streetcar runs along Lakeshore Blvd
- Motorists have easy access to the airport and highway within minutes
Parks & Recreation
- Most Loved Parks
- Marie Curtis Park
- Len Ford Park
- Birch Park
- Colonel Samuel Smith Park
- Waterfront Trail
- Long Branch Arena Recreation Centre
- Gus Ryder Recreation Centre
Shopping & Restaurants
- Great Family owned Restaurants
- Popular fast food options
- Local Small Business Shopping
- Several bigger shopping options also available
Check your local school board for your designated school.
- https://www.tdsb.on.ca/ Toronto District School Board
- https://www.tcdsb.org/Pages/default.aspx Toronto Catholic District School Board
- https://settlement.org/ Newcomers Guide
Recent Listings in Long Branch
Long Branch is diverse in its real estate offerings including detached homes, condos, townhomes, multi-unit properties and apartment buildings.
Below you will see the properties sold, purchased and leased by Laurel Legate Real Estate.