Renting? Here are all the Documents you need to Gather
Just like a job application, applying to rent a property requires research and preparation.
As a renter you need to prove to the landlord that you are reliable and trustworthy. The more details you can provide the better.
Here is a list of documents you need to gather when preparing an application to rent a property.
- Application to Rent – The most important document
- Offer to Lease – Prepared by your REALTOR
- Detailed Credit Report – Equifax Preferable – Click Here
- Letter of Employment – Your HR manager can prepare this for you no problem and it should state your income and length of employment
- Recent pay stubs from your employment for the last 3 months to prove income level
- Government issued identification – Driver’s licence is perfect
- References from previous landlords or trusted friends
- Rental History
- Personal letter can be helpful for the landlord
- Bank statements to prove you can afford to pay the required rent and deposit
Here is a link to the Ontario Government site where you can find the application and Landlord Tenancy Act information.